2017 – A very eventful year locally, globally and personally . A year that saw the days passing as quickly as the seconds tick within a minute. A year that had many individuals experiencing mixed emotions. A year that saw an outpouring of God on the lives of many. I was one such individual.
As I did in 2016, this year one of my goals I had included on the list of New Year’s resolutions was to learn more about God and to be closer to him. Not only was this goal surpassed but it was the goal which led to much personal and spiritual growth as well as the receipt of many provisions that I would not have had otherwise as I truly believe and witnessed that if I seek God’s kingdom first and his righteousness, all other things will be added.
It was truly a blessing to be able to share this blog with my visitors since April 2017. This blog was not intended to be a ministry at conception. It was about sharing all the crazy things that happened in my life from childhood to present. However it turned out that it was God’s plan that prevailed and my writings have been directed to showing the awesomeness of God and showing his relevance in this age where there is so much distraction that we do not have time to experience and share God’s message with others.
It was a pleasure to receive the texts and the encouragement from the readers who expressed their appreciation for the healing, help and directions that were provided through the various writings. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you my readers! This year I will be providing more of the entries in an audio format to enable you to listen on the go, for those who are strapped with time or for those who may have reading difficulties.
Many nights while I typed away in my living room, I was inspired by the information and confirmations I received from God about the message of help or hope being shared. I recall the night when I was writing Communicating with God & The Voice, that whenever I changed the channel on my MBox, the program that was showing was discussing the same topic (communicating with God) – It was amazing that about three subsequent programs were related to hearing and communicating with God. The writing by the way was inspired after a relative asked me “how do you know it is God speaking and not your mind?”.
Another topic that I got calls and emails as well as comments about was the Jerk Boss Series which seemed to touch home with a many individuals who experienced harassment at some point or the other in their work life. The survey results by the way is still being collated however, what I have seen so far will be of interest to you when I reveal the industries where workplace harassment/bullying is mostly experienced.
From January to December 2017 I have seen the mighty hand of God at work as my family came under severe spiritual attacks. However, just like you God spared my life and I was fortunate to lot lose any loved ones in 2017. To be alive is a gift. In Jamaica over 1600 persons lost their lives due to crime and violence last year. If you were not a statistic give God thanks and praise for life.
I learnt in 2017 that spiritual attacks are real and on the day I wrote this article I further saw how open doors (bad thoughts and habits) can lead to things such as strongholds and demonic possessions. There was a time when I would have said that such things are nonsense or foolishness and that everything that happens can be argued logically. However, after all I have experienced over the past five (5) years and particularly in 2018, I can no longer think or act the same not just because of what i have seen and experience but because of what I now know and believe including the ever blazing flame of the FIRE that God has imparted within my spirit. I yearn for him, I am passionate about him. I am now a Fire Carrier!…
In 2017, I learnt that God will speak to you frequently if you develop a relationship with him. God lives within us and he wants us to respect him (the Trinity), he wants to direct our lives if we allow him to and give him the credit he deserves in prayer, praise and worship, in talking about him and in our actions. It is difficult to find only twelve things to write about. however, to represent the each month of the year, I have written below twelve events that happened in the life of this Drama Queen in 2017 were:
- Confirmation of my Divine Purpose – remarkably the most exhilarating experience I have ever had. It reminded me of a story I read about a lady that had a near death experience (Anita Moorjahni) where she said she experienced God and he was just pure love. In the near death story Dying to Be Me Anita described the joy she felt during her spiritual encounter. Likewise, I always wanted to know what happened when persons were “slain in the spirit”. It so happened that without a minister laying hands on me (physical touch) I lost physical strength and found myself in a trance and there I was in a strange heavenly place with God speaking to my being. God is truly pure love. (You can read about that story in “Trance” on my page) God always has a plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD,‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a futureand a hope). Trust in his word.
- Seeing Again Where God Protects – Lightwires were pulled off a light pole and landed right before my car by a large high speeding truck as we passed each other. in July. The driver didn’t even stop to look. I am still amazed at the fact that I missed my usual turn that I use to take the kids to school that morning and that I had rushed out of the house without praying . I am happy we were not hurt. – GOD ALWAYS HAVE MY BACK. Thank you Lord!
- Learning that the Spiritual World is Real and that there is an ongoing battle in the mind. There is a battle to win souls for Christ and the fight starts with our belief system. If the enemy can control your thoughts hes winning the battle. Its one thing to hear pastors speak about their encounters ,but when God opens your eyes that’s a whole new level to experience. You are awake and having a conversation with someone and God decides to show you things (reveal knowledge to you or show you the spiritual realm) – mark you, it can be overwhelming at first and some things can seem scary but keep in mind that God did not give us a spirit of fear. 2 Timothy 1:7 ( For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]) God has also repeatedly warned us that the issues we are facing in life has root in the spiritual and that helps to direct our prayers. He has instructed us how to protect ourselves and how to fight ( Ephesians 6:11-13. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore take up the full armour of God so you can stand your ground in the evil day ) This verse emphasizes why we need to be armed with, salvation, faith, righteousness, truth, word of the spirit, the Gospel of Peace.
- God wants you to know is real. Believe & Experience him yourself . Rebuke the enemy who wants you to remain ignorant to the things of God. Redirect your thoughts (2 Corinthians 10:5 [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)) So for 2018 forget the past and think on the following in Phillippians 4:8-9 ( whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think on these things. 9 Do those things which you have both learned and received, and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.)
6. God Will Use You For His Purpose – Learning that God can use one to be an intercessor for one to deliver someone from the grips of death was a mind-blowing experience for me. Proverbs 19:21(Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.) I had many plans for this year however because I made myself available to him my plans went on the back burner. It was his mission that was most important and in following his guidance I had the most phenomenal experiences in ministry and deliverance through the Holy Spirit.
7. Seeing that God is Pouring out his spirit – In June I received my first prophecy from a minister. It was both shocking and encouraging. It gave me hope. The church of the past is no more as no longer do we need to wait ONLY on a priest to give us a word from God. God is now equipping persons to build his church and to prepare his people for the future – the wars, the harvesting/rapture, the tribulation and his coming. God has also put the same message about Jamaica, Israel and prophecy being fulfilled on the hearts of many servants. (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17, Galatians 3:28 – And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions”.) More Christians are prophesying, having dreams, visions and are operating in the gifts of the spirit more than ever. It is a blessing to have these gifts, Do not be afraid or embarrassed about them. Teach about this topic in your gathering and watch the practical experience unfold before your eyes. What spiritual gift do you desire in 2018 ? See them here in -(1 Corinthians 12).
8. Getting the gift of word of knowledge and discernment which can be exciting. I have been blessed to have some truly anointed ministers mentoring me. People who understand my experiences, having trod the path before me. Hence they are qualified and quite capable of answering my questions. For example, one morning I was listening to a message on TV while making breakfast and I heard a minister making a statement and before he could complete the sentence I heard “The Voice” tell me before hand what the minister was about to say. It was an awesome experience. Since then God has used me to share with others information we would not have otherwise known on our own. Even information on illnesses, situations, revelation about the spiritual gifts and persona of others. Its mind blowing. Knowledge comes with responsibility though, so pray for wisdom as well, so that you are able to impart sensitive information appropriately. (Watch closely the happenings with Israel over the next four (4) years. Crucial time for Christians. Mass Exodous in the east, religious persecutions will increase, so start hiding the word in your heart (study your bible. Use youtube or whatever other method) the USA will be integral to the fulfillment of prophecy.
9. Trusting God & Obedience pays. Learn to be flexible. “The Voice” instructed me to tell someone who was sick that they weren’t alone . Because of my obedience to the Holy Spirit the person got deliverance. Again that was quite memorable. Proverbs 3:5-6 (Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and lean not on your own understanding;6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Christmas Sunday, I was lead to do a message on the topic Trust & Obey and after researching and preparation announcing the topic at the beginning of church, during prayer time, the Lord took control and gave the message himself. I was there busy delivering and interpreting the message that was given in tongues which was quite lengthy. As the vessel for the message I do not remember what was said and it made me very nervous and uncomfortable. I remember a change from my usual teaching style and a powerful energy while speaking. The order of service did not go according to plan and because of this my flesh(my mind started wondering if all was well and how the message was received) . I was happy to hear an overseas visitor saying how touched she was by the message and how she told others about the experience (all that while I was having self doubt about the event) I was glad I trusted him when he gave me the topic and info and in the ordeal taught me to trust him because he had his plans. I ended up discarding my prepared message (lol). So I am learning to trust the Lord as Things don’t always happen as planned.
10. Words have power . Be careful what you say. Also speak the word of God and see things change in your life. (proverbs 15:4, Proverbs 16:24, 18:4, 18:20, 25:18) Don’t speak about the mountain speak to the mountain! I know this is easier said than done but we need to try. Jesus instructed us to speak to our mountain, “For truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says” (Mark 11:23) Read this article when you get the chance on speaking to your mountain. Whether it be cancer, finances, joblessness speak to your mountain – https://escapetoreality.org/2011/03/10/speak-to-your-mountain/ You also need to work on having faith and not doubt to see God work . Click here to see a short article on how to pray for healing .
11. God Redeems – It doesn’t matter what you have done in the past. Sin is sin.
God forgives and he loves you. Move beyond that and step forward toward your calling. God has redeemed you, so forgive yourself! Every day is a new day to start over. Isaiah 43:1-2 states that God knew us before we were born and we are his. “
12. God Is Our Healer – In January I saw a medical issue miraculously clear up to allow the doctors to do their job. I have also commanded pain to go in Jesus name
and seen other Christians work in Gods Healing ministry to deliver the sick from pain and suffering. Healing comes from God. We have authority to command infirmities and afflictions to go the Holy Spirit helps us. (Luke 10:19,Matthew 8:17 & Isaiah 53:5, Mark 11:24, Mark 16, 15-18) Jesus wants us to do the job he authorised us to do instead of asking him to do it himself. Do the job in Jesus name Amen!
12. God Still Speaks! Yes it is possible to hear the voice of God – it strengthens your confidence, encourages, comforts. The bible states that “my sheep will know my voice”. God speaks! The reason why we do not hear God often is because of distractions around us as well as when we pray most individuals just have a one way conversation. If you really want to hear from God try the following activity. The bible says those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Remember God is a spirit. We are also spirit beings living inside a human body. We are therefore vessels that can be inhabited. Now most people who hear the voice of God have the Holy Spirit living within them. However, God has said that that is not the only way to hear him speak. Therefore prepare yourself in prayer :
- You can start by first writing down the things you want to pray about and some scriptures relating to the topic (you can google scripture topics).
- Next, Be very still (find a quiet place).
- Praise & thank God (you can even play or sing worship songs). God loves when we (big him up) when we praise him (Psalm 148:14 & Psalm 22:3)
- Open your heart and mind to receive (if you have doubts you will not believe hence you will not hear). Remember the bible says in 1 Corinthian 2:14 (The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit) so forget logics and practicality doubt and questions (these are normal interference/distractions pertaining to things of the spirit).
- Eliminate the distractions and focus on God and what you are trying to receive.
- Ask God to Forgive you for your sins.
- Then speak to him as you would to a friend. Ask him to speak to your heart. You need to hear from him. Quote (speak back to God his Word – his scriptures regarding your concerns) and listen for a response. (Jeremiah 29:12 – Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you)
- It may sound as if you are hearing your voice at first in your Mind but after a while you will know its not you speaking, just listen for that still soft voice that often whispers, listen, I love you my child.
- As with all things it takes practice to develop the relationship you need to be able to communicate all the time. God wants us to have a relationship with him instead of focusing on religion. If we focus less on man made rules and doctrines that dis-empower us as in the days of Jesus when the scribes and pharisees emphasized the law and rejecting Christ instead of building a relationship with the Messiah we would experience more of the power of Christ within our lives as our personal relationship builds our faith and trust as well as it empowers us to live a life of hope where we can be more victorious in our battles having now the power of discernment, wisdom, knowledge and hearing directly from God regarding our lives.
I am so thankful that God speaks to me. I now realize that myself and a lot of other Christians have been missing out on a lot because of ignorance. (proverbs 29:18, Hosea 4:6). When God told me in June to begin teaching the Word, at first I was very resistant. However, I have learnt a lot throughout the year with the help of the Holy
Spirit revealing different concepts in passages I have read and interpreted otherwise. Today, I have witnessed where not only does he speak but he will take over and preach a sermon, teaches with even practical demonstration, he corrects, he provides necessary information to help those who are unable to see and detect the plan of the wicked or the devices of the enemy.
God has proven in 2017 that he is still valid. He is an on-time God. He knows all things and is ever present. He is faithful, just and he gives us his grace. We have a responsibility to play our part if we want to get all that God has to offer us. These include being obedient, building our faith, studying the word and remembering his commission to lead others to him. I look forward to his continued outpouring in 2018 and hope for my readers his blessing on their lives and those of their loved ones. May you experience the happiness that only he alone can give, freedom, prosperity and blessings.
Remember he said once we are alive we will have tribulations but fear not he has overcome the world. So for 2018 we will focus on the road ahead as we walk the narrow road fully armed and claiming victory in Jesus Name Amen
Remember to like and subscribe to my page automatically receive any news or postings on this page. Thank you.